Print off this language development check list for preschoolers and watch them master the skills!
Understanding and Hearing
- Pays attention to a short story and answers simple questions about it.
- Everyone who knows child thinks he/she hears well.
- Hears and understand most of what is said at home and in school.
- Voice sounds clear like other children's.
- Uses sentences that give lots of details (e.g., "I like to read my books").
- Tells stories that stick to a topic.
- Communicates easily with other children and adults.
- Says most sounds correctly except a few like l, s, r, v, z, ch, sh, th.
- Uses adult-like grammar.