Print off this language development check list for Kingergartener's and wath them master the skills!
Understanding and Hearing
- Listen and respond to stories and poems.
- Recognize rhyming words.
- Can follow one-step and two-step directions.
- Recite poems, rhymes, songs, and stories with repeatedpatterns.
- Generate rhyming words.
- Identifies words orally that have the same beginning and ending sounds.
- Blends sounds orally to make words.
- Divides words into sounds.
- Divides words into syllables.
- Use words to describe people, places, and things.
- Use words to describe actions.
- Ask about words they don’t understand.
- Ask how and why questions.
- Take turns when talking and stay on topic.
- Express ideas and needs in complete sentences.
- Initiates conversations
- Discusses books and topics.