Print off the "Bookworm" art activity and get busy creating!
· Egg carton (any color)
· Pipe cleaners (any color)
- Cut the carton in half so that there are 6 or 9 "humps" per bookworm. You can make 2 bookworms at a time. You can create a whole reading family!
- Your child can use whatever materials he /she wants to decorate the outside of the bookworm. Crayons glitter, or paint make wonderful designs.
- Cut one pipe cleaner into 2- measuring between 1 and 2 inches each in length. Attach to the top of the first "hump" to look like antennae by making 2 small holes and inserting the pipe cleaners.
- The eyes can be made simply be drawing them in or by making them out of colored paper or fabric. Also "eyes" can be bought at any craft store and glued on.
- Grab a book and your child and his reading buddy can have a great time!