Print off this "Architect's Treasure Box" and have tons of fun!
Architect Treasure Box
Pencils, colored pencils, erasers, graph paper, clipboard, rulers, scissors, tape, protractor, t-square, yardstick, blocks (for building), blueprints, pictures of homes, pictures of famous buildings, etc…
- Go around your house and talk about how it was build. Go to a house that is being built, take pictures, and ask questions.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood, compare house. How are they the same, different, unique…?
- Watch videos of building.
- Measure your house, a room, a building etc…
- Build structures with blocks.
- Make models of houses, rooms, buildings by cutting, taping, and putting together index cards and other materials.
- Draw a room or home to scale using graph paper.
How a House is Built by Gail Gibbons
Arches and Zigzags: An Architecture ABC by Michael J. Crosbie
Building a House by Byron Barton
Everyday Structures from A to Z by Bobbie Kalman
Homes Around the World by Bobbie Kalman